Thursday, October 16, 2008

What is the best book you've read this month? Why?

I'm reading Epic by Conor Kostick. It's an intriguing idea. Part of the book is set in a place called New Earth, but part of the book occurs within a video game. Erik's avatar is a beautiful female. If she succeeds in the game, he succeeds in keeping his family from being reallocated (shipped away to the mines and separated). Whole families play Epic, and success determines economic advancement in the "real world." I'm not very far, but I'm hooked.

4 comments:

Twila said...

I've been reading the Twilight series. I put off reading this series for 2 years, thinking I didn't want to read something about vampires. This fall there have been so many people reading it, including you men and high school boys and they've been hooked, that I decided it was time for me to take the plunge. Now, I'm completely hooked. I'm on the 3rd book in the series. So far as soon as I'm done with one I'm dying to start the next one. I highly recommend these fantasy/romance books for all genders and ages.

Mrs. B. said...

I love this series, too!

Sundancer said...

Goodnight Moon

Grace liked it.

WAWA said...

I'm like Twila...I didn't think I'd like vampire books...but I've started "Twilight" and can't put it down...although I want to save it for reading on the plan when I go to AZ this month. ~Kelly